Are you looking for scholarships in the United States? Or an international student looking for a scholarship in the USA? We have outstanding news for you! The Horatio Alger Scholarship is currently open. In this article, we will provide an in-depth explanation of this scholarship program, including its many advantages as well as the application procedure, which is broken down step by step.
The Horatio Alger Scholarship for Undergraduates 2023-2024 is a fully funded award for U.S. citizens. A total of $25,000 will be awarded in the form of this scholarship. It is given to 106 students who are committed to attending a university in the USA.
The Horatio Alger National Scholarship Program is a premier scholarship program in the United States that provides financial aid to high school seniors who have overcome significant adversity to pursue higher education. The scholarships are provided by Horatio Alger members who, like the fellows, have faced adversity and emerged as thriving business people and community leaders.
Students from each of the fifty states, plus DC and Puerto Rico, are eligible to apply for the National Scholarship. In the spring of their senior year, students who have been named National Scholars are flown to Washington, DC, on the government’s dime to attend the National Scholars Conference. In order to win the award, recipients are required to participate in the National Scholars Conference.
Applications for the Horatio Alger Scholarship can be submitted between August 1 and October 25. In order to be eligible for all of the Association’s scholarship opportunities, applicants need only submit the Horatio Alger Scholarship application once per academic year. You must submit your application and all supporting documents via the online application system by 5 p.m. Eastern Time on October 25.
- Level of study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): American colleges
- To study in: USA
- Term: March 15, 2023
The Horatio Alger Scholarship provides the recipients with:
- Award $25,000 to 106 students for four years of college study at any university in the United States.
Eligibility Criteria for the Horatio Alger Scholarship
To qualify for the Horatio Alger Scholarship, the candidate must meet all of the following requirements below:
- Required language: English
- Eligible countries: USA
- Be enrolled full-time as a high school senior in the United States; be making normal progress toward graduation in spring/summer 2020 with plans to enter a university in the United States no later than the fall after graduation.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to earning and completing a bachelor’s degree at an accredited public or private non-profit institution in the United States (students may begin their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution).
- Demonstrate critical financial need (adjusted gross household income of $55,000 or less is required).
- Participate in co-curricular and community service activities.
- Show integrity and perseverance to overcome adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
- Be a citizen of the United States
How to apply for the Horatio Alger Scholarship
Please follow the instructions below to apply for the Horatio Alger Scholarship:
For more information on the Horatio Alger Scholarship, please visit the official website: Official Web site
Leave a Comment